Kiss-n-Ride Protocols and Permits for Kindergarten Parents
With the large number of students being picked up and dropped off at school, and our buses that transport students, the immediate streets and parking areas around Blessed Trinity become extremely congested. Dropping off your children a block away from the school might be a good solution as long as they are walking in groups. We are encouraging parents to park a block or 2 away from the school and walk the rest of the way.
We have also initiated our ” Walking Wednesdays” to encourage our students and families to walk to school.
Every Kindergarten family will receive a kiss-n-ride permit that must be displayed on the dashboard or the visor. Only those cars displaying this permit are entitled in the Kindergarten Kiss-n-Ride area. All other parents using the kiss-n-ride must use the driveway on the north side of the school.
- Drive with extreme caution
- Assume children have “the right of way”
- Park only in designated areas
- Do not stop or park in the driveways and the kiss-n-ride areas
- Respect the administrator on driveway duty who prohibits parent entry into the parking lot and driveway for student safety
- Leave enough space for turning buses
- Respect our neighbours’ properties by leaving their driveways unobstructed and avoiding congestion on the streets.
- Arrive early. The 8:40 rush has huge traffic jams so come early as supervision begins at 8:30 for all children.
- Drop your child off before getting to the loop of the kiss-n-ride. There is a sidewalk safe for all children to use anywhere along the kiss-n-ride driveway.